|Fun at the Park|
|Loves shopping with mama|
|Aunt Abby babysitting|
|Quick game of checkers with Ryder|
Stella followed the same eating routine as last month (see that post HERE) with the introduction of avocado (her new favorite food), pears, and puffs (she can't feed them to herself yet, but we're working on it. in fact, she doesn't put anything to her mouth except cloth toys, which really makes me happy!). Next month I plan to change up her routine, cut back on formula, and up table foods and textures. Cloth diapering is going great, read THIS POST to hear all about it! I did slightly adjust Stella's nap routine (once the 3 weeks of teething/no napping ended). She still goes to bed around 7 and gets up around 7, but she now naps from 10:30-11:30 and 2:30-3:30 in her crib. She doesn't fight naps anymore, I put her in bed awake and she just snuggles her puppy and sucks her thumb until she drifts off to sleep. It's wonderful and sure keeps her in a good mood until bedtime!
|Playing dress-up with my princess.|
- Milestones: I will start by saying that Stella is running a few months behind on hitting major milestones. Her doctor said everything else looks great, so it's nothing to be concerned about. Babies just develop differently. But I can't help but worry sometimes. I work with her as much as I can, but she's a pretty content baby and isn't really motivated to try anything new. She is finally rolling over often from her tummy to her back, and at 35-36 weeks she started sitting up on her own. We propped her with pillows for a few days, and then all the sudden she was sitting on her own for long periods of time. She can also wave hi and bye (36 weeks), jump in her jumparoo (38 weeks) and clap when she's happy (38 weeks). She can ramble "dadada" and now "bababa", and at 38 weeks her cradle cap finally started falling out when I comb her hair! Speaking of hair, I cut her mullet off at 37 weeks. It looks sooo much better, I don't know why I waited so long.
- Watching TV (Barney, The Wiggles, Baby Genius, and KidSongs...mostly musical shows that drive me crazy!) and dancing to music. Her favorite is the creepy puppets on the Wiggles...that's how she learned to clap!
- Giving kisses (aka licking my cheek).
- Sticking out her tongue (37 weeks).
- Eating "Popsicles" (ice cubes or frozen bananas or avocado in her mesh teething holder)
- Watching her "crib TV" when it's not time to get out of bed yet
|Fun new pastime|
|Mesmerized by the TV|
|Finally sitting up...so much more to play with now!|
Around the house:
- Stella and I have cabin fever again, can you believe it? After her 3 week spell of teething and then a week of 105 degree temps we are ready to get out and have some fun! We have lots planned this weekend for Labor Day and are looking forward to the cooler weather around the corner (although other than last week it's been a beautiful summer). I am glad to have my happy baby back (until the next teeth come in at least). She's in a great routine and is so much fun lately. It's time to actually start teaching her things! Yay!