Friday, September 26, 2014

Homemade All Natural Mouthwash





In my efforts to go all-natural and save money while doing it, I decided to make my own mouthwash.  It costs quite a bit to purchase all-natural mouthwash, but you can make it in about 2 minutes for around $1 a batch!  Quite the savings, plus it tastes delicious and doesn't burn the crap out of your mouth!  (yes, it works too.  The baking soda, tea tree oil, and vodka kill all the nasty germs in your mouth.)  I have been doing this for about a year now and my mouth has never felt cleaner!  Read on to see how I make it (recipe is adapted from HERE).

Ingredients:
·          16 oz. filtered water (or bottled if you don't have a home filter)
·          2 tsp. baking soda
·          2 tsp. vodka (any kind)
·          10 drops Tea Tree Oil (I like Now brand)
·          10 drops Peppermint Oil (again, I use Now brand)
·          12 drops Sweet Leaf Sweet Drops


To Make:
Combine all ingredients and shake.  Simple, no?  I used a pretty fancy water bottle I nabbed from our hotel room in Chicago, but you can use any bottle you prefer (I've seen some cute ones on Pinterest made of old liquor bottles.  Remove label first with rubbing alcohol and wash.  If you don't care how it looks, use an old recycled mouthwash bottle.  I used a Listerine one until I found my pretty bottle.)  I used a funnel to pour the ingredients through since my bottle has a pretty narrow neck.  I do wash the bottle each time I make a fresh batch of mouthwash.  Also, don't forget to give the bottle a good shake before each use to combine all ingredients.  Use morning and night for maximum benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment