Thursday, September 18, 2014

10 Month Update

Hello double digits!  The initial birthday party planning has even begun, how is that possible?  This past month has been amazing.  Beautiful weather, more time to relax, and not quite harvest time is perfection!  I did some organizing and cleaning this month.  Now that Stella sits up all she wants to do is play, so I had to make room for all those (hand-me-down yet perfect) toys!  This month we enjoyed our 7th- and last - wedding of the season with Mark's entire family (lots of fun), attended our nieces' birthday party, celebrated Labor Day, and went to lunch with two of my girlfriends.  We even got to watch Ryder one day, a nice surprise!  Stella spent the first 3 weeks of the month an extremely content baby but I think a few more teeth are on the way judging by the mood this week :-)  Still the funnest baby I know, teething or not!!

Watching daddy in the parade...next year she'll ride in the truck too!

Enjoying lunch with mommy and her friend!

So much fun this month.
The Routine:
I cut back Stella's formula intake to 20 oz a day, but she always cried after her meals.  Baby LOVES to eat!  So I upped it to 24 oz, which works out good.  She gets a bottle when she wakes up and before she goes to bed, and the other 3 feedings are done in her high chair.  Stella is a creature of routine (wonder where that comes from?).  She eats at 7:30, 10:30, 1:00, 4:00, and 6:30.  For the first meal I do oatmeal cereal mixed with fruit and a little formula, lunch is a homemade pasta or casserole (that I've pureed in the blender) with yogurt or cottage cheese and a juice/water blend to wash it down, and the third meal is rice or multigrain cereal mixed with a veggie.  I still make the fruits and veggies on my own (and still need to do a post on this!).  This month Stella was introduced to tomato/cheese pasta and potato/bean casserole.  She does eat the Gerber meals when we are gone, much easier to take with :-)  Cottage cheese was the first food with texture that didn't make her gag.  She couldn't even handle a tiny bite of mashed up french fry!  For now I still blend everything up pretty good, but hope to include more textures in the next month.  She can now feed herself puffs too (41 weeks).  It's messy but so adorable!  I got a great video of the first time she figured out how to feed herself from the high chair.  I introduced the sippy cup this month.  It is one with a nipple, so it's similar to a bottle.  The first time she couldn't handle it, but when I tried again a few days later she loved it!  (oh and also she holds the bottle on her own now too!).  Sticking with the "routine" little Stella poops at the same time every day.  And always in her crib.  She goes when she first wakes up (still in the disposable, sweet!) and after I lay her down for her morning nap.  Like clockwork.  She refuses to poop in public, which is kinda nice!!  Naps are still twice a day, usually 11-12 and 3-4 with bedtime still clocking in from 7-7.  LUCKY US!!  But...if she misses her morning nap she's a crab all day.  I made the mistake of taking her out without her a.m. nap a few times this month and learned my lesson.  Nap BEFORE errands/fun!
Same position, every nap and every night!

Loves holding her own bottle now.
A few of Stella's favorite things:
  • Milestones:  EEK.  Stella is still pretty content doing a whole lot of sitting/playing/watching TV.  She is getting slightly better at standing flat-footed (with help) but prefers to stand on her big toes.  Future ballerina?  She shows no desire to pull up or crawl and fights us when we try to work with her.  We'll get there.  On the plus side we haven't had to baby proof yet ;-)  She knows her name and "no".  She likes to cry when you tell her no (usually done only when she puts her hand down her diaper as you're changing it or pinches you when she's upset) but I'm determined to teacher her right and wrong so I still do it, hard as it may be.  She also cries when you talk too loud...she lost it when I yelled to Kaiser.  Lesson learned!  Stella waves at everyone she sees...every stranger, me and Mark, even Kaiser and her reflection in the mirror!  No shyness or mommy attachments here (yet).  She loves to play and laugh with Ryder and really tries to say "mama" or "mommy" when she's upset.  So cute!
  • Rocking, singing and dancing.  She loves music!  She rocks on the couch and sings in a high pitched voice (lots of videos of this!), it's the cutest thing I've ever seen.
  • Watching TV.  If something is in her way of the screen she'll strain her neck to get a glimpse.  It's crazy.  We found a new show, Harry the Bunny, that she adores.  It's meant for babies so he just laughs the entire show which makes her laugh.  I'm just grateful for the break from Yummy Yummy.
  • Turning all her big toys over and using them like a drum.  I need to get her an actual drum.  I just can't bring myself to do it yet!
  • Clicking her tongue.
  • Playing games...itsy bitsy spider, SO BIG, eyes/nose/mouth, peek-a-boo, this little piggy, patty cake, humpty dumpty, trotty trotty horsey, this is how the ladies ride...
  • Listening to daddy make monkey sounds and read books in funny voices.  Melts my heart to watch story time before bed.
    Another favorite:  playing with/eating her toes.
 Around the house:
  • I am proud to say that I am off my postpartum medication and finally well on my way to losing all the baby weight.  I feel like my old self again...only better!! We've fit in lots of quality family time this month before harvest kicks in, and the slower pace has been nice after a busy summer!  Fall always lifts my spirits, we brought in in early with a bang in our house (see THIS post to read more).  Lots to look forward to next month...Mark's and my birthdays, Stella's first Halloween, birthday party planning, and finishing (ok, I'll be honest...starting) Stella's baby book and other memory keepsakes from her first year.  Time flies and I'm enjoying every SECOND of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment