Using just 3 ingredients, you can make your own homemade, all natural baby wipes in under 5 minutes! People always think I'm crazy for switching to homemade, well, everything...but honestly it takes less time than buying the items at the store CONSTANTLY! Just buy a huge batch of ingredients at once and you're set up to make your products for months!! Cheap, easy, and healthy...if that's crazy then I'm all over it!
I love these wipes! They are super effective and so safe for my precious daughter. These are the only ingredients you need:
- 1 roll of Bounty paper towel, regular size (don't go cheap here, they MUST be durable!)
- 1 T. all natural baby wash
- 1 T. coconut oil (I used organic, extra virgin)
- Fill a measuring cup with 1 cup of HOT water (so the coconut oil will melt)
- Add in your baby wash and coconut oil and let sit until oil is melted (few minutes)
- Cut a roll of Bounty in half using an electric knife or miter saw (my husband cut mine for me...it makes a mess so make sure you do it outside or be prepared to sweep up paper towel fuzzies! I had him cut a few rolls at once so I don't have to ask for a while!)
- Place one of the half-rolls in a dish and pour mixture all over. I pour half, then flip the roll and pour the other half on the opposite side to make sure every towel gets saturated.
- Let the towels soak for an hour or so before use. You can pull the cardboard roll out or leave it in, it just depends on the container you choose. I used a Huggies wipe container because I like the pop-up feature, so I just placed the towels in it and pulled through the top.
|Clean cut from Mark's miter saw :-)|
|I accidentally bought the super roll here, but once wet you can squish it down into a large Tupperware and it works just the same!|
And finished! No more lugging around boxes of baby wipes! For travel I throw a handful in a Ziplock baggie and keep it in my diaper bag. So simple! Enjoy.