Wednesday, August 13, 2014

All Natural Homemade Baby Wipes




Using just 3 ingredients, you can make your own homemade, all natural baby wipes in under 5 minutes!  People always think I'm crazy for switching to homemade, well, everything...but honestly it takes less time than buying the items at the store CONSTANTLY!  Just buy a huge batch of ingredients at once and you're set up to make your products for months!!  Cheap, easy, and healthy...if that's crazy then I'm all over it!

I love these wipes!  They are super effective and so safe for my precious daughter.  These are the only ingredients you need:

  • 1 roll of Bounty paper towel, regular size (don't go cheap here, they MUST be durable!)
  • 1 T. all natural baby wash
  • 1 T. coconut oil (I used organic, extra virgin) 

My favorite baby wash.  Fragrance Free and Super Sensitive...perfect for wipes!
STEPS:
  1. Fill a measuring cup with 1 cup of HOT water (so the coconut oil will melt)
  2. Add in your baby wash and coconut oil and let sit until oil is melted (few minutes)
  3. Cut a roll of Bounty in half using an electric knife or miter saw (my husband cut mine for me...it makes a mess so make sure you do it outside or be prepared to sweep up paper towel fuzzies! I had him cut a few rolls at once so I don't have to ask for a while!)
  4. Place one of the half-rolls in a dish and pour mixture all over.  I pour half, then flip the roll and pour the other half on the opposite side to make sure every towel gets saturated.
  5. Let the towels soak for an hour or so before use.  You can pull the cardboard roll out or leave it in, it just depends on the container you choose.  I used a Huggies wipe container because I like the pop-up feature, so I just placed the towels in it and pulled through the top. 
Clean cut from Mark's miter saw :-)

I accidentally bought the super roll here, but once wet you can squish it down into a large Tupperware and it works just the same!

And finished!  No more lugging around boxes of baby wipes!  For travel I throw a handful in a Ziplock baggie and keep it in my diaper bag.  So simple!  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment