Wednesday, August 27, 2014

9 Month Update

This month started out ROUGH and ended up amazing.  For the first 3 weeks of the past month, Stella was teething.  Bad.  She wasn't napping at all and cried off and on all day, every day.  Thankfully she still slept through the night because let me tell ya, that was the only break I got.  I finally took her to the doctor after 2 weeks of it and he said she was fine, just teething.  He told me his son did the same thing for 3 weeks...turns out Stella was much the same!  When the top 2 teeth beside her front top 2 teeth (I'm sure they have names but I'm no dentist) finally poked through at 38 weeks I did one heck of a happy dance!  After 3 miserable weeks for both of us I was ready for some FUN and PRODUCTIVITY!  We still did a few things while she was teething, and that helped keep her mind off the pain (I did give Tylenol when the fussiness was at its' worst).  We went to the park and had a picnic with Jenny and her girls, we tried swimming again (with a little more success than the times before, but still not a pool fan), and we went on a few shopping trips (she hates being transferred from car to cart or stroller, but other than that she loves strangers and being out!!  no attachment problems here!)  We also spent more time watching Ryder, but I'm sad to say we will no longer be babysitting him every other Monday, he will go to his dad's instead.  I will miss those days.  Mark had a few overnight work trips this month, and then meetings and fieldwork slowed down and he was actually able to (gasp!) take a few days off work!  Last major announcement-I left Stella overnight twice this month!  The first time we went to a Cards/Cubs game and she stayed overnight with Grandma & Grandpa Bomleny, and the second time we stayed in a hotel after a wedding reception while Aunt Abby stayed at our house with Zac and watched her.  I actually enjoyed my time away (knowing my babies were in good hands sure helped).  Our baby girl weighed in at 19lbs, 4 oz this month (50th percentile) and measured 27" (also 50th percentile).  We may have an average sized baby, but she's well above average in the cuteness department...I'm only a little biased here ;)  I did switch her clothes out this month to the 12 month clothes.  That makes me sad just typing that.  My baby's growing up!!
Fun at the Park
Loves shopping with mama
Aunt Abby babysitting

Quick game of checkers with Ryder

The Routine:
Stella followed the same eating routine as last month (see that post HERE) with the introduction of avocado (her new favorite food), pears, and puffs (she can't feed them to herself yet, but we're working on it.  in fact, she doesn't put anything to her mouth except cloth toys, which really makes me happy!).  Next month I plan to change up her routine, cut back on formula, and up table foods and textures.  Cloth diapering is going great, read THIS POST to hear all about it!  I did slightly adjust Stella's nap routine (once the 3 weeks of teething/no napping ended).  She still goes to bed around 7 and gets up around 7, but she now naps from 10:30-11:30 and 2:30-3:30 in her crib.  She doesn't fight naps anymore, I put her in bed awake and she just snuggles her puppy and sucks her thumb until she drifts off to sleep.  It's wonderful and sure keeps her in a good mood until bedtime!

Playing dress-up with my princess.
 A few of Stella's favorite things:
  • Milestones:  I will start by saying that Stella is running a few months behind on hitting major milestones.  Her doctor said everything else looks great, so it's nothing to be concerned about.  Babies just develop differently.  But I can't help but worry sometimes.  I work with her as much as I can, but she's a pretty content baby and isn't really motivated to try anything new.  She is finally rolling over often from her tummy to her back, and at 35-36 weeks she started sitting up on her own.  We propped her with pillows for a few days, and then all the sudden she was sitting on her own for long periods of time.  She can also wave hi and bye (36 weeks), jump in her jumparoo (38 weeks) and clap when she's happy (38 weeks).  She can ramble "dadada" and now "bababa", and at 38 weeks her cradle cap finally started falling out when I comb her hair!  Speaking of hair, I cut her mullet off at 37 weeks.  It looks sooo much better, I don't know why I waited so long.
  • Watching TV (Barney, The Wiggles, Baby Genius, and KidSongs...mostly musical shows that drive me crazy!) and dancing to music.  Her favorite is the creepy puppets on the Wiggles...that's how she learned to clap!
  • Giving kisses (aka licking my cheek).
  • Sticking out her tongue (37 weeks).
  • Eating "Popsicles" (ice cubes or frozen bananas or avocado in her mesh teething holder)
  • Watching her "crib TV" when it's not time to get out of bed yet
Good-bye mullet!

Fun new pastime

Mesmerized by the TV

Finally sitting up...so much more to play with now!

Around the house:
  • Stella and I have cabin fever again, can you believe it?  After her 3 week spell of teething and then a week of 105 degree temps we are ready to get out and have some fun!  We have lots planned this weekend for Labor Day and are looking forward to the cooler weather around the corner (although other than last week it's been a beautiful summer).  I am glad to have my happy baby back (until the next teeth come in at least).  She's in a great routine and is so much fun lately.  It's time to actually start teaching her things!  Yay! 

No comments:

Post a Comment