Saturday, July 12, 2014

7 Month Update

Since Stella will be 8 months old next week, I figured I better get a move on with this 7 month post!  We have had one busy summer!  To keep this update from being an entire novel, I did a separate post this morning about our summer festivities thus far.  Check that out here if you'd like to see what we've been up to.  We've had lots of adventures and summer is only half over!  Mark has been able to spend more time at home, so that has been nice for all of us!  We took Stella to her first Annawan Fun Days the first weekend in June.  I wondered how she'd handle the parade...she loved it!  Didn't even fuss at the loud firetrucks and tractors!  She is so much more alert and observant.  I can't wait to share all her new "firsts"...I just love being a mom!

The Routine:
Most of Stella's nutrition was still from formula this month.  She takes 6-7 oz five times a day.  She has never left any formula behind and sucks the bottle down in about 4 minutes!  Her Roley Poley legs are proof of this!  I also fed her cereal with a (homemade) fruit or veggie mixed in once a day.  This month we introduced sweet potatoes, green beans, and bananas.  The bananas are her favorite!  When we put her in her high chair her fists start to shake because she's so excited to eat!  She slaps her hand on the tray between bites...just can't feed her fast enough!  She is eating quicker now, a high chair feeding no longer takes half an hour.  Stella is still sleeping from 7pm until 7am.  I did start getting her out of bed around 7 rather than letting her play in her crib.  She is still taking a morning and afternoon nap, but they are decreasing in length.  Morning went from one hour to half an hour, and afternoon naps are about an hour and a half.  At 28 weeks we finally moved Stella to her crib in the nursery.  I don't think I would have ever been totally ready, but she was getting too big for the bassinet.  She loved her crib so much!  The first night she laughed, rolled over, and played for an hour in there before finally drifting off to sleep.  However, she still napped in the rocky bed.  I tried the crib for naps but she cried.  Oh well, one change at a time :-)  At 28 weeks Stella also upgraded to size 3 diapers!  Cloth are still going well, my disposables are almost gone and I'm not buying more so I will have to use cloth on the go!  (but won't give up her nighttime disposables!)  During my spring (summer I guess...I'm always behind!) cleaning I switched out Stella's toys and clothes as well.  She's still right on track, sporting the 6-9 month clothes now!

Last night in her bassinet!

All sprawled out during the first night in her crib.  Loving it!
Starting to be more curious...figured out how to take down her play mat!
Time to bring out some new toys!  Trying out Ryder's Winnie the Pooh walker!
A few of Stella's favorite things:
  • Milestone mania this month!  At 27 weeks Stella got her bottom 2 teeth!  She was kinda fussy and had a runny nose the week before, I now think it was due to teething.  She looks adorable with those little teeth!  Gotta get a picture.  She also began turning towards mommy and daddy's voices at 27 weeks.  She now works to get out of reach toys and gets mad if she can't reach them.
  • Laughing all the time!  She thinks it's really funny when we (and even Kaiser!) yawn, kiss her tummy, or shake her puppy toy.
  • Being outside!  Every evening we spend some time outside to wear her out before bed.  No matter how crabby she is, going outside always cures it.  Takes after daddy there!
  • Bouncing her chair on her own!  Stella always loved being bounced in her pink chair since she was a newborn.  Now she has figured out by moving her legs up and down she can bounce herself!  It's amazing and dramatically cut down on her fussiness!
  • Making ridiculous noises.  She loves to make fart noises with her mouth and babble constantly.  It is starting to resemble words a little more...much to Mark's excitement she says "dadadadada" over and over!
    Still sucking her thumb when she's tired or upset.  That's my baby!!
Around the house:
  • Things are really looking up around here!  Mark has been home more, which is nice for all of us!  I did finally get on a medication for postpartum depression.  It's been a struggle because while I love being a mom and absolutely adore my baby girl, the changes have overwhelmed me.  Giving up a career I used to be so passionate about was really tough, but it was the right choice for our family.  I am very Type A, so trying to create a "structured, unstructured" day has been hard.  I like to keep busy yet relax with my baby.  Finding a balance was taking a toll on me.  Mark wanted me to get on medication after Stella was born, I cried every day for a few months.  I really wanted to work it out on my own, but finally realized it's OK to accept help.  Since being on the medication I feel relaxed yet in control, and my baby weight finally started peeling off!  Wishing I'd have listened to Mark 7 months ago...
  • Hi, I'm adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment