Monday, May 12, 2014

My 1st Official Mother's Day!!

Has a year really passed since we announced we were preggers with little Stella?  Unbelievable.  (you can find that post here).  Yesterday we celebrated my first official mother's day, since technically Stella wasn't here yet last year ;)

Even though it was his first day off work in weeks, Mark set his alarm and ran to town to get ingredients for breakfast super early so he could be back before Stella woke up.  It was so nice to get my workout in and get ready on my own while he watched her!  It's the little things.

Mark fixed chocolate chip pancakes, strawberries with whipped cream, and coffee with Bailey's for breakfast.  Yumm!  He also surprised me with roses and the most heartfelt card I've ever read.  He even gave me a day at the spa...my favorite and most requested gift!  How lucky am I?

Delicious Mother's Day Breakfast!
 After breakfast we gave Stella a bath and got ready for the day.  Stella and I headed to town to hang out with my family while Mark planted the garden and fixed the air conditioner. 

Quick nap before our trip to town!


After enjoying a margarita and snacks in town, Stella and I headed home to beat the storms that were rolling in.  We were going to grill some steaks, but were too tired so we had leftover pancakes, watched a movie, and fell asleep on the couch.


Being a mom has been the most incredible gift.  It's challenging, it opens your eyes, it makes you worry, it makes you thankful.  Most importantly, it makes me want to be a better person.  No matter if I'm all dolled up or still in my PJs at the end of the day, Stella, Kaiser and Mark look at me like I'm the best thing that ever happened to them.  They love me unconditionally; through every flaw, emotion, frustration and tear.  If that's not enough to keep you headed down the right path, I don't know what is! 

Happy Mother's Day!
My beautiful daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment