|Laying around while mama gets some work done|
|Snuggle time with mama on the couch in the afternoon|
|Laying around with daddy at night|
|Ready for my first outing with Daddy!|
|We celebrated with a bottle of Stella Rosa wine...which is delicious and crazy since that was almost her exact name!|
This month I increased Stella's feedings. She started taking 6 oz of formula every 3 hours, eating 5 times a day. We also moved her up to the Enfamil Infant formula (she was previously taking the Enfamil Newborn, which only goes up to 3 months). It was amazing what these switches did for her evening fussiness! No more counting down until bedtime! Stella is still sleeping about 12 hours a night. I just did a post on her entire daily routine, you can read that here. Basically she started sleeping through the night at about 8 or 9 weeks...it started with 8-9 hours at a time and quickly progressed to 12 hours a night! It is amazing and has done wonders for us all. Check out that post if you want to see how we got her to sleep this wonderfully!
A few of Stella's favorite things:
- Playing, Playing and more Playing! This month I switched out her toys to prevent boredom. I keep a bin in her nursery that she plays with on a blanket on the floor, and I also switched out the toys on the rings of her play mat. Alternating playing in her seats (bouncy, bed, Bumbo) and on the floor keeps Stella entertained all day!
- Screaming! Her voice this month has progressed to happy screaming, all the time. She has some lungs on her! (16 weeks old)
- Tummy Time! We can actually classify it as an official "favorite" this month! All of the sudden, around 15 weeks old, she just started lifting her head SO HIGH! She no longer fusses, and loves poking at the fish on her Tummy Time mat. We also started using the Bumbo chair at 15 weeks old.
- Blowing bubbles! At 13 weeks this adorable habit started. Although it can get messy, it's just too cute!
- Stella's favorite way to break mommy and daddy's hearts is to stick her lower lip out before a big cry. Don't know if I'll ever be able to capture a picture of it, but it is the saddest thing I've ever seen. (16 weeks)
Loving Tummy Time! Started holding (and eating) toys at just 13 weeks! Little Bubbles So strong!
- This month I threw my back out, so I struggled a bit. I was still able to take care of Stella but I was in quite a bit of pain doing so. I even went as far as to call our insurance to see if chiropractors were covered (I've never been), but miraculously the pain went away about a week or two ago. Such a relief!
- Stella and Kaiser are getting along beautifully. At the beginning of the month she would cry really hard when he barked, but even that has stopped. She loves to watch him and vice versa. I am so happy to have such wonderful companions!
Loves his baby!